Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Busy, Busy

We have been a busy little household this week! This last weekend Emme spent Friday and Saturday in Tyler with Grandma and Grandpa so we could clean the house. She was a very good little girl for them! And we got so much done without her here to distract us!

We had our first home study visit with our social worker. We were a little nervous, because we didn't know if our house was "up to par" with the home study standards! Well, the worry was for nothing because we did just fine. She mostly just wanted a quick tour and just sit and talk to us. Hopefully the rest of the process goes as smoothly as this first visit!

I have been also been baking, baking and then baking some more! Trent's birthday is Thursday, so I started working on his cake today. My sister also showed me these cake pops on the Bakerella website that I decided to try (which turned out super cute) for Valentine's Day treats.

So now I am sitting in our house that smells like freshly baked cake, with clean floors, and a husband taking care of our cranky teething baby! Life couldn't be better right now!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the home study is going well! I know how stressful that first meeting at your house is!!! You need to post a picture of your cake pops! I'd love to see them and the recipe! I hope Emme's teeth feel better soon! Allie liked the homeopathic (sp?) tablets you can buy at walmart/target. They seem to do wonders!
    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete