Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's Been Awhile...

I have fallen a little behind with the blog, so probably need to catch everyone up on our family!

The last few weeks have been busy! We are trying to get our application done for Children's Home Society (our international agency) but it is slow going there! I ended up with a bad case of mastitis the last couple of weeks, which sent me to the hospital at the beginning of this week. My fever would not come down, so I was in from Monday - Wednesday. Luckily my Mom stayed with us and helped with Emme, who ended up getting spoiled! Emme LOVED visiting the hospital, because she got SO much attention there!! They even gave us a bassinet to let her take naps in... Needless to say she was a little big for the bassinet, so she took naps with Mommy in bed!! She looked like a 20 pound newborn in the bassinet!! And she has mastered her wave, so when anyone passed our room she would wave like crazy at them with her big cheesy smile!
I feel a post is not complete without pics so...
Here is Emme on Valentine's Day....

And here she is riding her truck, which now she can push herself backwards!!

We ordered some new books this week, which I am hoping to get before we travel to Bloomington, IL later this week! Other than that, our time is pretty much consumed by our lively little 7 month old!!

3 comments:

  1. Scary that you ended up in the hospital! I am happy to hear you are doing better. Emme is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear that you're doing better...Valentine's Day pictures are ADORABLE!
    I know what you mean about paperwork taking longer than you expected. We just received our fingerprint cards back in the mail because the cop who did them forgot to sign them. We now have to go back...but only on Wednesday at 11! CRAZY...oh well...it'll be worth it in the end!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    Love the blog and still have not forgotten about you!!! Time is CRAZY lately... I hope you are feeling better - hospital stay and all. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete