Sunday, July 11, 2010

This weekend

We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Since we "tentatively" travel on the 24th, we decided last Tuesday to have a party this weekend for Miss E. I know, I know... "what a planner" is what you are thinking! I always joked in college that I wanted an emphasis in Public Relations because the initials were the first two letters of my favorite word... "procrastination". What can I say, it's my thing, and I think I am too old to change my "thing" now!

Anywho, we had a great weekend catching up with old friends & meeting new ones. Emme had a blast with the kids. I do feel bad because, when her fiance Rhys comes over, the two of them pair up and it creates many "third wheel" moments for the other kids. But I guess it's just part of the courtship process!

Once the party was done (actually it was more like once it started), I just sat back and enjoyed the day. Emme loved the presents, the cake, and Trent loved the new sprinkler. You see earlier in the day I sent Trent to Wal-Mart to pick up some last minute items that morning. We didn't have a present for Emme yet (we have a big one, but we are waiting until her birthday to give it to her), so I told him to pick up this beach ball sprinkler for her. This way the kids would have something to play with on such a hot summer day. I am running around, trying to get everything ready, when I get a call from Trent. "Uhh, Katie? I was going to get the sprinkler you told me to get, but there was this other one for the same price, and it shoots BALLS into the AIR!!" So I told my son... I mean my husband, that I don't really care what sprinkler he got, just grab whichever he thinks he... I mean she... will have fun with.

So the kids (Trent of course included) were having fun with the sprinkler, people were stopping in to chat, and Miss E was in seventh heaven. I decided the last minute party was a success! Once everyone left Rhys and Emme settled in for a movie.





Let's just say they were entranced! Once Rhys left, Emme enjoyed her new toys for a bit longer and went to bed.

The next morning we decided to FINALLY head over to the Brookings Summer Arts Festival. Every year Brookings has the BIG Arts in the Park event, and it is one block from our house. Since we couldn't partake in the activities on Saturday, we decided to head over on Sunday and enjoy the sights (and the food of course).

It was a nice stroll through the park, we saw some friends while wandering around, and Emme sat SOOO still when she got her face painted! We enjoyed our corn dogs & lemonade, and headed home.






The rest of the day we just stayed at home, Emme played with her new toys, Trent worked on our shed, and I read my book club book. It was our first relaxing day in so long, and who knows when we will get another one! Now I just have to get the birthday party pictures from my mom, and then post as soon as we have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment